ECONOMIC FREEDOM FIGHTERS STUDENTS COMMAND is a radical and militant student Economic Emancipation Movement which brings together revolutionary students, fearless, radical, and militant Activists, under the need to pursue the struggle for economic emancipation which is intertwined with free education. The EFF SC derives its existence from the constitution of EFF, it is governed by and adheres to the policies and programmes of the EFF. It is a Student Political organisation of the EFF – the third largest political party in South Africa, with relative autonomy as established in Section 32 of the EFF Constitution, characterised as a Student Movement which seeks to act in the interests of all students in South Africa, Africa and the world striving for ECONOMIC EMANCIPATION IN OUR LIFE TIME!
The EFF SC is anti-capitalist, anti-racist, anti-tribalist, anti-sexist, and anti-imperialist in its world outlook and is driven by sound Democratic Socialist Values where the leadership is accountable to the membership which elected it.
The Movement is inspired by ideals promoted and practiced through organic forms of political leadership. Through organic engagement and constant relationship with the masses, ECONOMIC FREEDOM FIGHTERS STUDENTS COMMAND provides clear and cogent alternatives to the post-colonial economic systems, which in many countries kept the oppressed students under colonial domination and suppression.
The EFF SC draws inspiration programmatically from Heterodox economics, whose conception of development in post-World War II is the most possible, coherent and cogent form of developmental path. The basic programme of the EFF SC is the complete overthrow of the neoliberal anti-black education system as well as the bourgeoisie and all other exploiting classes, the establishment of the dictatorship of the working class in place of the dictatorship of the bourgeoisie and the triumph of socialism over capitalism. The ultimate aim of the EFF SC is the realisation of socialism through students’ power and the establishment of an education system that responds to the needs of its students.
EFF SC is a South African Movement with a progressive internationalist outlook, which seek to engage with progressive movements in institutions of higher learning outside South Africa and outside Africa. Members of EFF SC, who dedicate their lives to the struggle for African socialism must be resolute, fearless and surmount every difficulty to win victory!
B: Founding Principles
All members of the EFFSC are bound by the 7 non-negotiable founding principles of the EFF Students Command, and these are:
- Mobilising students behind the struggle for economic freedom, embodied in the EFF Founding Manifesto.
- Pursuit of radical higher education transformation with the aim towards free, quality and well-resourced education.
- Championing the interests of students and all workers in institutions of higher learning.
- Building a dynamic relationship between students and community struggles and campaigns.
- Participating in progressive international campaigns and programmes.
- Promoting academic and research excellence and progress.
- Contributing to intellectual and ideological discourse in a manner that seeks to promote the struggle for economic freedom.
C: Aims & Objectives
- To establish and sustain a student society that cherishes revolutionary cultural values and to create conditions for total political and economic emancipation, prosperity and equitable rights of all students in higher learning institutions.
- To attain and defend the National Integrity and Liberation of the oppressed black majority of South African students.
- To participate in the worldwide struggle for the complete eradication of imperialism, colonialism, racism and all other forms of discrimination.
- To participate in, support and promote all struggles for the attainment of the complete independence and unity of African education system s and by extension, the African continent.
- To oppose resolutely, tribalism, regionalism, religious and cultural intolerance.
- To oppose the oppression of women and the oppression of all other gendered persons.
- To oppose patriarchy, sexism, and homophobia and any cultural or religious practices that promotes the oppression of any student, women in particular.
- To fight for and deliver FREE Quality Education in our lifetime.
- To fight for better learning facilities on campuses and living conditions in residences, and building more tertiary learning institutions and residences.
- To ensure transformation of all forms in higher learning institutions.